In 1358, the Dell’Agnello family, who lived in Pisa since the tenth century, built the palace by incorporating several tower houses into one. Remains of the tower houses are still evident and some architectonic details on the lower ground floor suggest that the building was accessible by boat. In the sixteenth century, the palace passed to the Sancasciani and then the Del Testa families, who modified the building giving it the appearance that it preserved until the eighteenth century. Later, the Agostini family also made a few modifications and in 1773, they ceded it on behalf of the Empress Catherine II to Dr Cesare Studiati, director of Greek Russian Imperial College. The blue colour of the facade dates from this period, perhaps to imitate St. Petersburg palaces. In 1864, the Pisan nobleman Domenico Giuli acquired it together with part of the street between via dell’Olmo and via del Cappello. He also built a new wing to make the facade symmetrical and connected it to Palazzo Casarosa, his other property. In later years, the palace became as it is today. The Giuli Counts lived there until 2001. Today it is property of the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa and it houses the Palazzo Blu Museum.